Claremont is a leading commercial interior design and fit-out company. We are a creative, driven and ambitious company with a strong reputation that we’re seeking to build on. We pride ourselves on very high quality creative output, coupled with a keen understanding of our clients’ key business drivers.
We have an exciting position for a market development researcher to join our growing team. This position has been created to help support both the sales and marketing efforts within Claremont.
The market development researcher will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities across a variety of different markets and key named accounts. We require a ‘hands-on’ market development research professional that will take an active part in identifying and developing new business opportunities, both within existing accounts and with potential new clients.
This role is designed to support and help enable both the marketing and business development teams in delivering greater commercial value for the business.
As part of this role, the market development researcher will be required to develop actionable reports and provide market and account insight, effectively interpreting market data to provide research that enables the sales organisation to adopt a more effective sales strategy, as well as enabling the different sales teams to engage with prospects and key accounts more effectively.
This market development researcher role is a multi-faceted role. Not only will this person need to be able to study market trends, they will need to be able to define account profiles, identify key prospects and work with marketing and business development teams to target key accounts and prospects, at the right stages of the buying cycle.
The key areas of responsibility for this role are as follows:
Market research & analysis
- Research and identify key market trends
- Identify growth market sectors
- Identify and monitor high-risk markets
- Provide competitor insight
- Identify new service and commercial propositions, as the market matures and changes
- Monitor and track thought leadership themes (end-user focused)
- Monitor activity in our core sectors and in our named accounts
Key account profiling
- Help identity key target accounts that meet Claremont’s commercial criteria
- Develop account profiles that provide detailed insight into those accounts
- Contact discovery – identify and maintain key prospects and influencers within our named accounts
- Provide the business development team with correct and accurate prospect contact information, in a timely manner
- Working with the marketing and business development teams to identify high-value opportunities
- Working with the marketing team to target key prospects throughout the different stages of the buying cycle
- In support of marketing, help develop high-impact lead generation campaigns
- Carry out all initial lead follow-up before handing over all sales-accepted leads to the business development team
- Be responsible for all social selling activity and prospecting
- A minimum of 5 years’ commercial experience in a similar role
- Experienced in all types of market research and desk-based research techniques
- High level of numeracy – ability to work with, analyse, and interpret data
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills
- Experienced creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, but having an excellent telephone manner is also essential
- Someone who can qualify and ask both open and closed questions as part of a qualification process
- Excellent time management, organisation and self-motivation skills
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Someone who is results driven
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays (increases to 27 days after 5 years, 30 days after 10 years)
- Option to buy additional or sell holiday days
- Company pension with employer contributions
- Health and wellbeing benefits including childcare vouchers, free eye tests, cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox employee benefits scheme
Strictly no agencies please.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a copy of the job description here.