Corporate & Social Responsibility
Claremont is committed to developing its business practices in a socially responsible manner. We recognise that our activities have a direct impact upon the well-being of our employees, customers, suppliers, and the wider community. Also, through our purchasing practices, our activities inevitably impact on communities regionally, nationally and globally. With this in mind, Claremont endeavours to make a positive impact upon our society.
- Promoting an Environmental Policy which aims to minimize the impact of our business on the environment. By working with environmental specialists dcarbon8, Claremont are taking active steps to measure and reduce its carbon footprint and has commited to offset the remaining footprint by 110%.
- Promoting an ethical Purchasing Policy and giving preference, as far as practicable, to suppliers who share our commitment to social responsibility, good labour and environmental standards, and fair trade.
- Treating our employees and customers openly and fairly.
- Working with our local community and charities on initiatives to protect our environment and other good causes.
- Communicating our policies clearly to customers and suppliers.
We will strive for continuous improvement in our social responsibility performance by:
- Providing training and raising awareness among employees.
- Listening and responding to stakeholders.
- Actively supporting and taking part in social responsibility projects and initiatives.
- Encouraging employee involvement in our local community.
- Meeting our statutory obligations on employment, health and safety and the environment.
- Monitoring and reporting our social responsibility performance.
Fundraising & Local Community
Claremont's chosen charity for 2013 is Autism Initiatives UK, an organisation which is meeting the needs of people with autism, their families and carers by providing a range of services which are personal, professional and innovative.